People who do not drink or have given up drinking for health reasons often find themselves out of place in a party where booze flows. Some of them might feel tempted to drink just for the sake of giving company and end up fuddling themselves in the process. Healthy mocktail drinks can be a good option to avoid such a situation.
While bars and restaurants may already have mocktails on their menu to entice drinkers and non-drinkers alike, here are a few mocktail recipes that can be part of parties keeping the latter in mind:
Very Merry Cosmo: This is an easy-to-make refreshing mocktail for some mood lift.
- 1 bottle iced tea with blueberry pomegranate
- 3 tablespoon orange juice
- 3 tablespoon cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Simply cool all the ingredients and mix in a shaker.
- Serve in a martini glass and enjoy.
Chocolate ‘Mint’ Martini: Chocolate and mint can make for a twist in the taste.
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Dip rims of two martini glasses in water then into red decorating sugar.
- Mix chocolate syrup and peppermint extract in a large cocktail shaker.
- Add ice and shake for 30 seconds.
- Pour into martini glasses.
- One can garnish with whipped cream or topping, mini candy canes and chocolate shavings.
Santa-Gria: Enjoy the exotic drink.
- 4 cups cranberry-grape juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups carbonated lemon-lime soda (Sierra Mist)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 pear and 1 apple, each diced
- Add all ingredients in large pitcher.
- Put ice and serve.
Grinch Punch: Indulge yourself with a refreshing taste.
- Green sprinkles
- Lime sherbet
- Ginger ale
- Combine sprite, ginger ale and lime sherbet.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Use green sprinkles to sugar the rim of the glasses.
Pumpkin Pie Mocktini: Martini is passé. Try mocktini this season.
- 1 oz. pumpkin pie syrup
- Cinnamon sugar
- 6 oz. cream soda
- Mix 1 oz. of syrup with cream soda in a shaker.
- Add ice and shake well.
- Rim chilled martini glass with cinnamon sugar.
- Pour contents of the shaker in a glass.
Blushing Pear Cocktail: Get some pear cocktail for your peers.
- 3/4 cup chilled ginger ale
- 2 teaspoons grenadine syrup
- 1/2 cup chilled pear nectar
- Combine grenadine syrup, pear nectar, and ginger ale in a pitcher.
- Serve the contents in two glasses.
- Garnish with pear slices, if desired.
Winter Sunset Mocktail: Time to soak in the sunset flavor.
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- To make one mocktail, fill a tall shaker with eight ice cubes.
- Now, add orange juice and pink grapefruit juice.
- Cover and shake for 30 seconds.
- Sever into a tall glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry or orange zest twist.
- You can also top it with one tablespoon grenadine syrup.
Watermelon Sparkle: Enjoy it on the rocks!
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Splash of almond syrup
- Lime juice
- Fill 12-oz. glass halfway with crushed ice.
- Add orange juice, pineapple juice and a splash of almond syrup.
- Stir well.
- Now, add lime juice over the top of drink.
- Garnish with watermelon, pineapple, and a lime wedge.
Key Lime Breeze: Lime is for anytime!
- Splash of key lime juice
- 1/2 oz. grenadine
- 5 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. sweet & sour
- Mix sweet & sour, splash of key lime juice and pineapple juice.
- Garnish with a cherry and top it with grenadine.
Enjoy an alcohol-free life
In a year, an estimated 88,000 people, including 26,000 women, succumb to alcohol-related causes in the United States, according to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA). Replacing your cocktails with mocktails, at least sometimes if not always, can be good start to control the rate of alcohol-related fatalities.
If you want someone to give up alcohol and are looking for alcohol addiction treatment facilities in California, contact the Alcohol Addiction Helpline of California. Call at our 24/7 helpline number 855-980-1715 or chat online for more information.Continue reading